Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A crazy 24 hours!

Okay, it all started yesterday.  Car duty was insane, followed by two mice in my room.  Whew!  Went to bed last night around 10:30pm.  Woke up and looked at the clock - 11:57.  I don't usually wake up in the night, so I figured it was one of those times when your immune system is fixing itself.  So, I go back to sleep. I wake up again and look at the clock - 3:10.  I close my eyes and in the back of my mind, I realize that when I looked at the clock, it was daylight.  I open my eyes again and look at the clock again.  3:10 and daylight.  I find my cell phone and check the time - 7:10am.  My atomic battery operated clock is wrong!  So, I jump up, cursing, and throw on clothes and makeup and haul butt to work and got there by 7:23am.  Record time, eh?  I get into my room and since I didn't get breakfast, I tell myself I'll be fine after a cup of coffee.  I go to make coffee and no coffee.  At this point, I'm grabbing my hair and stifling a scream.  Luckily, I found coffee in the library and my students didn't have to suffer.  I saw the same mouse again today after school, at about the same time as yesterday.  I put a new trap down, but he hasn't gotten stuck in it.  A man came into my room with a clipboard.  He told me I had four lights out.  I told him I knew that, seeing as I was in this room everyday.  I told him I also had 3 water leaks, but he said he wasn't fixing anything.  Not sure if he is going to replace the lights or not.  Not really sure why he was in there if they aren't replacing things.  Anyway, actually got out of there at 4pm and tonight I'm setting my phone alarm.  I'm also having my son set his phone alarm...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment