Thursday, October 18, 2012

HudsonAlpha is the Greatest!

Just completed a 2 day workshop with the HudsonAlpha Group.  It was called the GREAT workshop.  Stands for Genetic Resources Empowering Alabama Teachers.  I had not realized that a lot of what I have been teaching was wrong.  I spent two days at Auburn University (which, for an Alabama fan is rough!)  However, the town and university staff were so wonderful.  I have never met a nicer bunch of people.  After two days of intense genetic study, we were given a tub filled with great classroom ideas and a flash drive with all the powerpoint slides and links.  All in all, a wonderful time.

I had to be out for two days, so the deal was that if I don't receive a note about any of the students then tomorrow they can watch "Lie to Me" episodes for the entire class.  (We have mid-term exams today and tomorrow, so I can't really start anything new on a Friday after mid-terms anyway).  Hopefully, all went well and the kids did their work and behaved.  I didn't get a call during the conference, so I'm assuming all was well.  Keep your fingers crossed, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment