Friday, September 20, 2013

$600,000 is missing from our budget?

I was talking to some of the other teachers today and found out that this year's budget is short $600,000.  Interesting since our superintendent and all the principals got big bonuses this past year.  Teachers got a 2% raise and the superintendent gave himself over $20,000 in a big ol' bonus.  Hey, it's good to be the king!

My teacher friend (the one who was threatened) is about to lose her mind with our assistant principal.  Apparently, the same assistant principal who came running to my class last semester when a student texted her during class, went running to this teacher's room when the same kid texted her.  The funny part is that last semester when it happened to me, the AP kept promising never to do it again.  "It'll never happen again." "I won't ever do that again."  Right.

We lost last week's football game, so I wore my volleyball shirt to school instead of my football shirt.  Some of the players asked me why I wasn't wearing the football shirt, so I told them that I didn't have that shirt in pink and they played like a bunch of girls. LOL  Sometimes I crack myself up.  We have a game tonight (that I'm about to head to), so let's hope we improve.  If we don't, at least I have something to pick on them about.

No comments:

Post a Comment