Monday, September 9, 2013

Geez! What a Monday!

What a day I've had today.  First, I had to post grades from Friday's test.  Just to give you an idea about Friday's test: they could use their notes, I only put 25 questions on it, and they had over 90 minutes to complete it.  22 of my 9th graders failed it.  Then today, I got two new students in my monster class, which brings the total up to 3 new students in that class since Friday.  This was going to be an easy day.  I was going over their test answers from Friday, then letting them read their water molecule stories (those who actually did it, of course).  While a student was giving her report, a kid in the back of the class started rolling his chair across the back of the room.  I warned him that he was being inconsiderate and got him back to his desk, then he started yelling to a student across the room, so I moved him to a seat away from them and over by me.  I signalled for the student presenting to continue and the kid started banging on the closet door handle.  I wrote him up and sent him out.  As I was coming back in ti class, I heard words that stunned me coming from the back of my class. One of my new students wasn't in class 10 minutes before I heard cursing that would make a sailor blush.  Needless to say, she was starting a fight with another student.  I wrote them up before punches flew and sent them to the office. Finally the bell rang for lunch.  I spent my lunch time looking for goggles for another teacher.  When the students came back from lunch, the door handle abuser was back.  I asked him why he was in class and he said the assistant principal sent him back.  And I kid you not, he started rolling the chair across the room again!  I walked around the desk and emailed the AP demanding an explanation as to why he would send a kid back to class after a write up.  No response.  After school, I went looking for the AP to get an explanation and he was gone.  I really hope this new AP isn't going to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment