Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yikes! He finally arrived!

Well, he finally arrived.  The kid who is apparently so horrible that the faculty met with me to explain that if he screws up just one little bit, he gets sent back off.  Basically, it's his last chance for an education and a better life.  Oh goody.  And he happened to arrive in my class on test day.  I received the email before his class arrived.  Part nervous and part panicky, I wondered how I would handle it if he becomes violent or mouthy during a test.  By the time he arrived to my class, I had devised multiple reactions to his behavior.  It was to the point that I almost hoped he would pull something.  See how weird I am?  Anyway, it was a big relief when he walked in and sat down in the front row, right by my desk and smiled and introduced himself.  He looked like an angel.  I explained that everyone had to take a test and he would need to sit quietly and read or take a nap or something quiet.  He was fine with that.  Very charming.  And he sat quietly the entire time.  I felt like chewing out the administration for scaring me like that.  Of course, it was only the first day, so Herman 1 (new school, new names) could turn into a nightmare.  And I still have four dissections to do with that class before it's over.  Maybe he'll be fine.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment