Monday, April 16, 2012

4/16 After Prom- Before Spring Break. Rock. Hard Place.

I feel like I've survived walking through a hornet's nest.  Between all the excitement about Prom last Saturday (yes, I did have to work it) and spring break coming up next week, it was all I could do to get the kids to get quiet and pay attention to their lessons.  On top of that, someone in the teacher next door's classroom turned the thermostat to heat.  Lucky me, his thermostat controls the temperature for both of our rooms.  I began sweating and had a momentary fear that I was having a hot flash.  I was supposed to take my zoology kids to dissect frogs today (ok, it was supposed to be last week), but I couldn't get them settled down enough to get them to the lab.  No way was I going to hand them scalpels and probes!  Hopefully, tomorrow they will be in control enough to get these frogs cut open.  If not, we are moving on.  I still have to cover reptiles, birds and mammals by the end of May.  This is one of the few times I actually closed my door after my last class and said "Whew!"  I have a nagging fear that this is just the beginning of things to come this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment