Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/19 Friday Eve!!!

So, test tomorrow for some classes.  I had them doing the end of chapter review questions (1-22) and they start whining, "We never learned this!"  I told them we had read the entire chapter and done the vocabulary.  They exclaimed, "We can't learn that way!"  I felt like saying, "I can't grab your hand and force you to write the vocabulary and I can't grab your head and slam it into the book and force the information into your head." But I held back. Then they started, "We don't have enough notes for this open note test."  I informed them that they were welcome to take their books home and write all the notes they wanted to write before the test tomorrow. That shut them up.  Victory!  In the words of another teacher at my school..."You can't fix stupid." Just got to get through tomorrow, then nine whole days before I have to be back!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment