Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Okay, getting ready to try testing them again.

They've had their GRACE test and still some failed it.  I've had them rewrite their vocabulary.  They have been in the lab doing osmosis and diffusion experiments.  Today, they reviewed osmosis, diffusion, active and passive transport and watched movies on cell parts and actual video of cells moving and dividing.  They even heard a new cell song that I thought was much better than the rap song.  Tomorrow, I'm planning on going over the questions from their last test and discussing what the questions are asking and what key words should pop out at them before they look for the answer.  When we have done that, I'm letting them create a cell with paper plates, pipe cleaner, beads, plastic wrap and beans and yarn.  I'm going to have them go into the lab with nothing except a pencil.  They will have to create a cell from memory.  Every ten minutes I will put on the board an organelle to help them.  They will have to label each part of it.  I spent $66.00 on pipe cleaner, paper plates, yarn, thread (DNA), beans, plastic wrap, etc., so the little buggers better like it!  If they don't pass the test on Friday, I'm gonna scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment