Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two write ups in one day.

I have got to figure something out about my last two classes.  They are too loud, too rowdy and too rude to each other.  In my second block, I had a student come into class late. (This is her fourth tardy in less than a month).  She walks over to a student and says "get out of my seat."  I tell her that is not her seat, as I have not assigned seats.  She will just have to find another place to sit.  She gets mad, but goes to another seat.  A couple minutes later, she raises her hand.  "Can I go to the office?"  I ask her what for?  She replies, "To call my mom."  I ask her why she needs to call her mom and she replies, "No reason."  I tell her then no.  She gets up and walks out of my class.  I write her up.  Then, the very next class period I have a student who was homebound last year because of his behavior.  He is failing every class and I really think the only reason he shows up at all is just to start trouble.  He was throwing pencils and making comments.  I move him to another desk on the opposite wall.  He goes over, then gets up and walks around.  I tell him to sit back down, so I can continue class.  He sits down.  Then he gets up again and walks over to a student to get sunflower seeds.  I tell him he will get written up if he gets up again.  He jumps up again with a big smile.  I get the write up form.  He picks up a sponge off my desk and throws it at another student.  I write him up.  Finally the bell rings.  I do car duty until 3:30 and then have a school improvement meeting until 4:30.  I still haven't graded the paper plate cells the kids did last week, but by this time, I'm exhausted.  I went home and pigged out on crap food.  And I wonder why I'm so tired all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment